Monday 10 March 2014

First seeds of my season are in the ground

Some may call me optimistic with this lovely mild weather we have been having but I have planted out my beetroot seeds today. I have only planted 6 as I'm still sceptical that we are not going to have any snow, the bane of my life for the past few years.  Ive covered the seeds with my homemade cloches (halved pop bottles) to try to protect them from any frost we may have. I would not be bothered too much if they do die off from the cold but I don't want to miss the chance of a slightly longer growing season if the weather stays (as it is predicted to do)

I am extremely excited to have my first seeds sown that I'm driving my family mad with all my gardening chatter. In fact both of my kids are feigning ear infections to ignore me :( like they don't bore me when they talk endlessly about their hobbies but I listen and pay attention to them lol

No comments:

Post a Comment