Saturday 8 March 2014

Veg varieties

Because I have a large plot I am having a go at a lot of different veg but few of.
I have read a fair bit about different cultivars and these are what I am growing

Carrots- Autumn King
Beetroot- Pablo F1
Potatoes- Maris Piper ( Early Maincrop)
Courgette- F1 Taxi (yellow flesh)
Cabbage- Derby Day
Parsnip- Guernsey
Strawberries- Mignonette
Cucumber- Spacemaster
Sweet corn- Saville F1
Pumpkin- Big Max
Chilli Cilegia
Tomatoes- San Marzano
Peppers- Californian Wonder
Cauliflower- candid charm, a very quick growing variety
I mainly chose these varieties because I liked the sound of them either because of their reputation for being easy or because of flavour for example the "Guernsey" parsnip variety is highly acclaimed for being flavoursome and it comes with a recommendation from Alan Titchmarsh :)

I have bought the majority of my seeds from moreveg.co.uk they are a family run company who supply small managable amounts (courgette 5 seeds, cabbage 50 seeds) of seeds for low prices (most 50p per packet). I loved that this company is manned by gardeners and all seeds come from their crops.



No comments:

Post a Comment